Fire damage and the cost it has on your home.
How can you keep your home safe from fires?
Fires are dangerous to any home owner they can completely take away your entire house. So how do you protect your home. There are many steps to secure your home has a better chance to prevent fires.
- Make sure you keep all lighters and matches away from children
- All smoke alarms in your house should be checked once a month and have fresh batteries
- Turn off any heater when not in use
- Never smoke in bed this could result in death if you fall asleep.
- Make sure there is a smoke alarm in every room of your home.
These are just some of the few tips for preventing fire damage in your home.
How much does fire damage cost?
Fire damage is dangerous and it can cost thousands of dollars so taking any preparation to prevent it helps your family. The average cost of fire damage per home is $45,000 dollars. That is an entire home that was affected, now if it is a minor kitchen fire can be $2000-$4000. If the fire is larger in the kitchen depending on what is affected it could run $10,000-$30,000. These numbers are based off what is affected from kitchen appliances to anything else you have in your kitchen. For more information on damage costs and trends over the years on fire damage costs go to this website https://www.usfa.fema.gov/data/statistics/
How do most home fires start?
The numbers from the U.S Fire administration say that cooking is the most caused for fires at 37.2% these fires are caused by someone cooking carelessly or just messing up. When cooking make sure you are giving it proper supervision to whatever you are cooking.
- Never leave your home if something is cooking
- Never leave children unsupervised while near the stove
- If there is a fire stay calm and call for help.